UBS Dictionary of Biblical Hebrew

This dictionary is extracted from the Semantic Dictionary of Biblical Hebrew (SDBH; © United Bible Societies 2000-2023) and contains the lexical analysis for each available entry, with definitions, glosses, all Scripture references, and lexical semantic domains.

SDBH is an ongoing project and to date around 90% of all words found in the Old Testament are included. The remaining 10% will be added once they become available.

This resource is available in the languages English, French, Spanish, and Chinese (both traditional and simplified scripts). Other languages will become available once they have completed the localization work.

The data can be downloaded in either XML or JSON.

What is Creative Commons?

This resource is part of a collection that has been released, in their entirety, under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International (CC BY-SA 4.0) licence.

This means that anyone is free to remix, tweak, or build upon our work, so long as UBS is credited and any resulting material is released under a similar licence.

Explore the Creative Commons licence terms.